...continuing lunch at The Golden Dragon, ~2pm, Monday 24 May, 1999
Avi summarises what he was trying to tell us last session:
The EPA contacted the FBI who assigned Margolis to investigate Dawn Biozyme, which is suspected of illegal genetic research contravening seven international treaties, and related to the disappearance of Peter Tait.
IIRC, it was Frank Watts who contacted the EPA.
The Biozyme board of directors includes Corezini; the rest were appointed by Larson Pharmaceuticals (7 total).
Margolis sets up a meeting with Jack Bowling, and attends it with Traxler while the others wait. Bowling is a large black man in his late 30s.
- Empty car found
- ~5 days ago.
- at lookout at sea cliff, popular for suicides (4/year).
- had been there ~24 hours.
- Tait's wallet on front seat.
- Car scratched up, cause unknown, maybe the driver was drunk?
- Car given to Tait's brother, Edward.
- Employers hadn't seen him for two days.
- Brother Edward Tait not close; not helpful. (Addr: 441 Crestview, Linda)
- Police believe it was probably suicide, though there is no note.
The letterbox gave up an itemised phone bill, postmarked two days ago.
Remarkably, Traxler found the door seemed to have been left unlocked. Tait appears to have been well off, and much into home porn.
(Print courtesy of the Daily Telegraph.)
- Looks like he hasn't been home for a few days (gasp), and lives off take-away. - TV guide from ten days ago found, but not the guide from three days ago.
- Lotsa books, research papers, and a computer in the study.
Unable to trash the BIOS while there, we liberate the hard disk.
- Bedroom arranged as a porn set. Camcorder and history of home videos (featuring Tait) plus some commercial porn.
- No suitcases, shaver (recharger left behind though), nor medication.
- Script dialler is configured (just a phone no., not a known ISP (to us))
- Mostly porn.
- Encrypted (1024 bit) directory of Biozyme stuff. Need a pass-phrase to get it out.
- Palm Pilot last sync'd 9 days ago.
- Herman and Cooper's are both garden supply shops.
- Date book, mostly women, but also:
- 26 days ago: "Go to farm, meet J Dylan"
- 16 days ago: "Transfer money/farm"
- Address of the farm: RFD 237 Delilah -- about 4 hours drive from S.F.
With accomodation near Delilah arranged, we drive to the farm, Traxler and Day leading. Traxler makes like a scientist and asks directions at the local. Checking if he's followed en route, he hits a black man playing a sax on the road. Day also sees him -- but when they stop, he can't be found. There's no trace he was ever there.
With nothing else to do, we continue, pull over beyond the letterbox of RFD 237. The night is overcast with a new moon.
The farmhouse has grid power, but no lights are on. Climbing the fence, Ashford heads straight for the greenhouse. He opens the door and green tentacly things lurch out toward him...
No one new unless you count Edward Tait, Peter's brother. We have some new info on:
- Addr: 34 Miranda Way, S.F.
- Microbiologist, many publications
- Employee of Biozyme.
- Involved in the Full Wilderness-sponsored research team.
- Member of Full Wilderness.
- Was trying to contact EPA.
Yeah - just because Andrew's unofficial secretary now doesn't mean you don't get to think. Send ideas, corrections, omissions, gossip, etc to the list -- it's there for You!
Published by arrangement with the Delta Green Partnership. The intellectual property known as Delta Green is and © the Delta Green Partnership, who has licensed its use here. The contents of this document are © Tim Betz;, excepting those elements that are components of the Delta Green intellectual property.